The Waitaki Multicultural Council is a non-profit organisation which supports migrants and newcomers in the Waitaki Region to settle successfully. It also promotes positive race relations through community education, helping people of all ethnicities feel integrated so that they can actively contribute to our community.
The Waitaki Multicultural Council employs a Newcomers and Migrants Coordinator to help and support new arrivals settle into the Waitaki District.
The Committee of the Waitaki Multicultural Council meets on the second Thursday of each month at Ara institute of Canterbury, Oamaru Campus, 44 Humber Street at 5.30pm, Oamaru. All members are welcome to come along and share in what we do. If you think you would like to get involved with the committee, you are also most welcome to contact the Chair on 0210665143.
Governance (Executive Committee)
Executive Committee of volunteers elected by the members at the AGM.
- Chairperson – Maria Buldain
- Vice Chairperson – Robert Roodnat
- Secretary – Socorro Laraga
- Treasurer – Talanoa Palu
- Committee Member – Cecilia Baxter
- Committee Member – Inday Bungard
- Committee Member – Jessica Thomas
- Committee Member -Birendra Datt
- Committee Member – Tie Jian
- Committee Member – Fanua Periera
Waitaki Multicultural Council Inc
- NGO (non-government organization)
- Registered charity
- Incorporated society
- Member of the New Zealand Federation of Multicultural Councils
- Member of Safer Waitaki Coalition – Community Safety